School Liaison Officer (SLO)
Now Available: Download a copy of our new CYP Resource and Referral Guide!
- School Transition Services: Focus is on permanent-change-of-station moves and "leveling playing field" for transitioning military children and youth.
- Deployment Support: SLO's will serve as a conduit, connecting educators to the Navy deployment support system to inform educators on the cycles of deployment and tools that are available to assist them when working with Navy children.
- Command, School, Community Communications: The SLO will provide support as the subject matter expert for commanders on K-12 issues to connect command, schools and community resources.
- Home School Linkage and Support: SLO's will assist Navy families by gathering and sharing information on homeschooling issues, policies and legislation from local school districts. In addition, they will leverage Navy CYP resources to support these families.
- Partnerships In Education (PIE): PIE creates a volunteer network of resources to support all installation and community members who have a stake in the success of all youth.
- Post-Secondary Preparations: SLO's will leverage installation and school resources to provide graduating military student’s access to post-secondary information and opportunities.
- Special Education System Navigation: Special Needs System Navigation: School Liaison Officers provide information about installation and community programs and services, make referrals to the Exceptional Family Member Program, and offer assistance in navigating the administrative systems within local education agencies.
Connecting With Our Schools:
- DoDEA Europe
- Sigonella Elementary School
- Sigonella Middle High School
- School Lunch Programs: For free or reduced lunches, please request an application via email to CYP_Sigonella@eu.navy.mil
- Operation Military KIDS (OMK)
- Student 2 Student
- Navy MWR
- School Matters
- Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission
- CYP Registration
- Exceptional Family Member Program Information
- Enrollment Forms
- EFMP Liaison Phone: DSN 314-624-4842 Commercial: 011-39-095-56-4842
- Email: email@example.com
MyNavy Portal (MyPCS) - My PCS Mobile
Partnerships in Education (PIE)
How are military commands providing support in schools?
Service members are volunteering in local schools by mentoring, reading to classes, assisting with various school events like family fun nights. If your command would like to volunteer in school, contact the School Liaison Officer. The ways to volunteer are endless.
Navy Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM)
Where can I find student opportunities?
STEM development begins with Naval STEM outreach programs at the Pre-K through 12th-grade levels, continues through undergraduate and graduate school, supports student advancement into post-doctoral work, and continues through all stages of their STEM professions.
The list of opportunities for high school, undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students can be found below and by downloading the Naval STEM Opportunities for Students handout.