School Liaison Officer (SLO)
- School Transition Services: Focus is on permanent-change-of-station moves and "leveling playing field" for transitioning military children and youth.
- Deployment Support: SLO's will serve as a conduit, connecting educators to the Navy deployment support system to inform educators on the cycles of deployment and tools that are available to assist them when working with Navy children.
- Command, School, Community Communications: The SLO will provide support as the subject matter expert for commanders on K-12 issues to connect command, schools and community resources.
- Home School Linkage and Support: SLO's will assist Navy families by gathering and sharing information on homeschooling issues, policies and legislation from local school districts. In addition, they will leverage Navy CYP resources to support these families.
- Partnerships In Education (PIE): PIE creates a volunteer network of resources to support all installation and community members who have a stake in the success of all youth.
- Post-Secondary Preparations: SLO's will leverage installation and school resources to provide graduating military student’s access to post-secondary information and opportunities.
- Special Education System Navigation: Special Needs System Navigation: School Liaison Officers provide information about installation and community programs and services, make referrals to the Exceptional Family Member Program, and offer assistance in navigating the administrative systems within local education agencies.
Connecting With Our Schools:
- DoDEA Europe
- Sigonella Elementary School
- Sigonella Middle High School
- School Lunch Programs: For free or reduced lunches, please request an application via email to CYP_Sigonella@eu.navy.mil
- Military Installation
- Operation Military KIDS (OMK)
- Student 2 Student
- Navy MWR
- School Matters
- Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission
- CYP Registration